Thursday, November 6, 2014

Welcome

I'm Serra, I live in Johannesburg and I've got a great need to save a lot. In our lives today, the want is high. We can easily open up a door or magazine and get a pang of desire for something. I want to be sitting in that amazing car, I want to live in a large house, I want those designer clothes. Our wants aren’t always ridiculous, but we do tend to have a want but no way of achieving them.

I’m not going to lie, I’ve got a large fascination with clothing, but because I really dress for comfort I mostly waste away all my clothes to get moth bitten in storage, or give them to my sisters. It’s not fair to have bought all these things but not even have a use for them. I also have stopped making a habit of shopping for clothes a lot. Today, I purchased my first item of clothing in 3 months, the last thing I bought was on sale in Forshini for only R100! I’ll take a shots of my items that I mention in my blog as time progresses. Today, however I did realise I needed a new pair of shoes, so I went out an bought another sales item of pumps for R45 at PnP.

I am not ashamed or afraid of purchasing clothes from PnP, I’ve found that a lot of people look down at them. I can purchase from a thrift store and be happy, but others get disgusted from wearing another’s clothes. We do know that most of the time we purchase an item from the department stores and they’ve been tried on by a number of people. What is the difference. I like the idea of purchasing from thrift stores because I don’t have a long need for clothes as my body shape changes, but I don’t want to have to spend R500 on a pair of jeans that could be too small or big in a few months or get stolen from my sisters or cousins.
I will show you in my blog all the wonderful ways that I have learnt to save all kinds of things. I love clothes and books and food and I’ll share all the relevant deals that make for a thrifty save while living in Johannesburg.
When possible I’ll also share how to have fun on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment